Monday, April 28, 2014

Motivation Monday

I've had a crazy few weeks. I've been working different shifts (at a new and awesome job that I love!), trying to find a routine, trying to prepare my food in a different kitchen that I share with 3 other people. Translation: at the end of my 6 day work week, I don't know which way is up.
In the months leading up to this new job, I was faced with a lot of discouragement. I felt like I was never going to find a new job in Petaluma. I thought I was going to have to live separately from my husband for his entire school year - and maybe even after. I prayed and prayed, but honestly I was afraid that it simply wasn't in God's plan for me to make the move with a new job. (Thank goodness I was wrong. I just wasn't being patient enough.) With all of the stress and discouragement, I really lost sight of my own health and fitness goals. I wasn't caring for myself properly, wasn't eating enough food, and certainly was not following an exercise routine like I had in the past.
I ran across this quote and it really resonated with me. I don't know who said it, and I don't know who created this graphic, but I think it is a beautiful reminder to keep your chin up, keep up the hard work, and keep your goals in sight. 


Right now, you might want that entire sheet of cookies. Right now, you might want to give up because it's hard. Right now, you might think you can't do it. But don't lose sight of what you're fighting for. For some of you, it's weight loss. Others, it's school. And for others still, it's just those curve balls that life throws at us. Let this be a reminder to keep your eyes forward and don't look back. Don't give up on yourself. We will have times when we are down, bummed out, or overwhelmed. But please don't get discouraged. Don't give up on what you want the most to appease a temporary desire. You can do it. Really.  

No comments:

Post a Comment